ANDE in collaboration Asha Impact (co-chair of the ANDE India SGB Finance Learning Lab) is hosting a series of conversations around 'Demystifying Blended Finance'.
As a follow on to the introductory webinar in January 2019, which gave an overview of Impact investing in India with a focus on innovative instruments; this next discussion will focus specifically on understanding Social Success Notes (SSN).
We are keen to explore answers to the following questions:
1. How does the instrument work? Explain the financial flow and the overall functioning of the instrument. Who are the stakeholders involved? What is the value proposition for each of these stakeholders? (size, geography, types of investors/ donors, sectors)
2. What social outcome is measured? Broadly outline the methodology to measure social impact.
3. When should a SSN be used? What sectors are conducive for it? What kind of organizations can support this instrument? What are the prerequisites, if any? Overview of any legal, regulatory specifications.
4. What are the challenges and benefits associated with SSN?
5. What can be done to scale SSN? Any key considerations for their use in specific sectors in India?
As a pre-orientation resource, we advise you to watch this video by Yunus Social Business on Social Success Notes here: https://vimeo.com/153621087/e7844681f6